Self-care for business owners often gets forgotten – or even if you do remember you need to look after yourself, suddenly it’s Friday and time to breathe has never quite made it to the top of the huge and growing to do list… again. As a solopreneur, self-care is what is going to ensure your business’s success in the long term.
If you keep going as you are now – just about clinging onto your closest relationships, getting just about enough sleep for survival but no more than that, feeling like busy has to be your way of life now – there will come a time when your sheer exhaustion will catch up with you and cracks will start to show… in your health, in your relationships and in your business. If you are passionate about your business, it’s time to include self-care as part of your business strategy.
Take 10 minutes each day this week (yes, it’s ok to start small), and take some time just for you. Here are some suggestions in case you’re not sure where to start:
- Download a free trial of the Calm app and do a short meditation
- Call a family member you’ve been meaning to catch up with for ages
- Go for a walk around the block
- Put your favourite energising Spotify playlist on and go big with the dance moves!
- Start a new page in your notebook and just start writing; get all of those thoughts swimming around in your head onto paper
If you’ve got any other 10-minute self-care tips for business owners – please do share them with me, I’d love to hear from you!